Feather & Black
Join the Feather & Black Marketing team as an e-commerce consultant, with a key focus on website analytics, digital marketing management, strategic & financial planning and overall website growth.
Working with the team to support the operational trading of the website, alongside the development and digital agency, while working with the board to deliver a strategic plan to drive online to support overall business growth.
With a highly varied and complex role a vast number of initiatives were introduced, a few highlighted below:
- Weekly website and marketing reporting introduced to support trade meetings
- Historical reporting completed to understand current online position, impacted areas and actions for improvement
- Worked closely with the digital agency, with particular focus on SEO growth
- Working with the senior management team and board to strategically move the business away from distressed discounting to premium promotions
- Continuous website testing across the whole website including navigation, homepage, call to actions, imagery, product list page, product details page, basket and checkout to improve the customer journey and overall conversion rate, while adhering to strong brand guidelines
- Improve opportunities for data collection and brand messaging e.g. newsletter sign up prominence, fabric requests & follow up
Plan & Results
With new targets based on historical data, trends and new initiatives the website saw a significant increase in average order value, while conversion began to improve and traffic remained stable. Strategically the website plan would drive an overall revenue increase of 13% YoY (against a previous decline), against the same marketing spend, meaning the overall return on investment (ROI) was improving.